The Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN has denied allegation that N2billion was paid to his office from the recovered looted funds.
Malami challenged any person who has any evidence of such payments to either him or his office should come out publicly with proofs.
The AGF, in a statement on Thursday by his media aide, Dr. Umar Gwandu, said all looted funds so far recovered have been applied in accordance with the agreements reached with nations from which the funds are retrieved.
Gwandu quoted Malami as stating that prior to the repatriation of all the recovered assets, Nigeria and relevant nations signed memorandum of understanding as to what the monies will be put to and the government has been working in compliance with all the provisions of multi-national agreements reached.
“It was on the basis of the application of the said funds in line with the agreements that Nigeria earns reputation among international committee of nations which translated into further recoveries.”
He said the Federal Government has a designated account at the Central Bank of Nigeria for all recovered assets.
Gwandu said Malami has neither, as a person, nor as the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, not in any way received any funds from the recovered assets.