The Nigerian Army said on Sunday it would not disclose the identities of personnel deployed to the Lekki tollgate area of Lagos last month.
Armed soldiers had on October 20 opened fire on #EndSARS protesters at the toll plaza and reportedly killed some youths campaigning against police brutality in the country.
The force which had earlier denied any involvement in the incident came out last week and said the soldiers were deployed to the scene at the instance of the state government.
Members of the Lagos State judicial panel of inquiry set up by the state government to probe cases of rights violation by the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) were turned back by soldiers manning the Military Hospital in Ikoyi when they paid an unscheduled visit to the facility last Friday.
However, they were later granted access to the premises when the hospital authorities intervened in the matter.
And in a chat with journalists on Sunday, the spokesman of the 81 Division of the Nigerian Army, Osoba Olaniyi, said it was unprofessional for the army to release the names of soldiers who were deployed to the Lekki tollgate on October 20.